Fishing Pre-arrange for a Bass Safari in dams in the region as well as yellow fish in the Wilge River. Motorboat and ski enthusiasts enjoy themselves weekend after weekend on the calm waters of the Wilge River at Frankfort.
• GAME VIEWING Lion breeding project
• WINGSHOOTING On prior arrangement in season
• HUNTING Blesbuck & Wildebeest on prior arrangement in season
• HIKING TRAILS Casual walking on farm
• OTHER ACTIVITIES Horse riding available. Cool off in the bright swimming pool or just relax and enjoy the pleasant farm
Tourist attractions in the area:
Frankfort is situated on the banks of the Wilge River in the north-eastern Free State, about 160km from Johannesburg. The town was established in 1869 and declared a municipality in June 1896. It was established because of the growing need of farming community for facilities such as shops, churches, and schools. Albert von Gordon, a leading German figure in the district, originally named the town Frankfurt, the same name as his place of birth in Germany. Being in the heart of the maize triangle, Frankfort`s economic base derives from agriculture. Frankfort has a total population of approximately 16 000. Clover is the biggest dairy concern in South Africa reported to be one of the largest in the Southern Hemisphere and is situated here. The town provides a great variety of amenities for residents and visitors and it is becoming an increasingly popular inland holiday resort.